Boise Divorce & Family Law Attorney Serving Idaho
Assisting families shattered by divorce in Treasure Valley
Resolving family law matters can be stressful. I, attorney Stephen Olson can counsel you through your divorce settlement, child custody arrangements and post-divorce modifications using my more than 20 years of experience. Stephen J. Olson, P.C. focuses on one-on-one dialogue and addressing all your questions and concerns.
A lawyer who is dedicated to resolving your disputes
I am equipped to handle your case adeptly and in a timely manner. My approach is threefold:
- Personal attention — I am the sole attorney at the firm, without the need for a support staff because I want to be involved in every aspect of your legal matter. When you work with my firm, you deal only with me.
- Responsive service — I respond to each call and email on the same business day. I offer high-quality services with a quick turnaround and take pride in providing exceptional results. If I do not think I can meet these goals for you, I do not take on your case.
- Unwavering professionalism — As your attorney, I take my commitment to you very seriously. My occupation as a lawyer is a responsibility with significant obligations. Giving you anything less than my entirety is a disservice to you. Also, although I will fight on your behalf, I do not engage in unnecessary confrontation with opposing counsel, which earns me respect in the legal community.
Because I am the sole attorney at the firm, you can feel confident that I will be working alongside you from start to finish on your case.
A firm highly experienced in family law matters
Family law covers a broad spectrum of domestic concerns. My firm focuses on the following main practice areas:
- Child support — Both parents are required to pay a fair amount to support their minor children. The specific dollar amount is dictated by the state of Idaho, not by your spouse’s counsel. Together, we can provide information to the court to ensure that an affordable plan is created serving your children’s best interests.
- Child custody — In most cases, joint custody is preferred. The state believes children thrive when interacting regularly with both parents. If you have reason to fight for sole custody, I can work alongside you to produce the most favorable results in your case.
- Divorce —If you are filing for divorce or have received divorce papers, your attorney can ensure that you receive your fair share of any investment accounts, homes and other assets during property division.
- Pre- and postnuptial agreements — Contracts entered into before or during the marriage can be enforced only if they are properly executed. I can create legally binding documents, according to your specifications to protect you and your assets should your marriage end.
- Paternity — You may be required to establish paternity for a child born in or out of wedlock. If you are not the father, you may still be required to pay child support without paternity testing. Your Treasure Valley lawyer can make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
No family law matter is outside my scope. Resolving divorce and family law cases to the benefit of my clients is my passion.
Legal guidance can be valuable during the divorce process
More than two million Americans exchange wedding vows annually. An average wedding costs $20,000, even though nearly half of those couples are divorced within the first eight years. Like many people, you may be dealing with child custody arrangements or property division. Working with a divorce attorney serving Ada County can be helpful for:
- Spousal support — If you can show a permanent or temporary financial hardship as a direct result of your divorce, you may be eligible for spousal support, also known as alimony. On the other hand, if your spouse is attempting to collect alimony falsely, I can help you build a case and protect what is rightfully yours.
- Property division — According to Idaho law, each spouse holds equal claim to all property and assets acquired during a marriage. If you owned property before your marriage or gained assets through inheritance during your marriage, the state considers this to be your separate property, and it is not included in the dividable assets.
- Post-divorce modifications — Long after your divorce is finalized, you may wish to review the divorce decree and adjust alimony, child custody, child support or visitation agreements if there are any substantial changes in your living conditions or that of your ex-spouse’s.
You do not have to go through your divorce alone. I can apply my extensive knowledge of family law and guide you toward a positive outcome in your family law case.
In addition to family law, I offer contract creation and civil litigation services. If you are facing a dispute involving real estate, a lease or a business matter, including a breach of contract, I am prepared to litigate on your behalf. Having a solid contract in place can alleviate the expense and time spent in dispute resolution. I can create enforceable contracts for you or represent you in court should the need for litigation arise.
Contact your Boise, Idaho, family lawyer for a free initial consultation to discuss your case today
The Idaho family law firm of Stephen J. Olson, P.C. serves the entire Treasure Valley area, including Ada and Canyon counties. Flexible payment plans are offered. It is the time to call 208.994.3058 or contact me online for a free initial consultation. My office hours are flexible, with evening and weekend appointments available upon request. I personally fight for fair results in your case.